08/16/2021, Eric joined our group as a graduate research assistant. We are excited to have you join us, Eric! 08/10-13/2021, lab members presented at the Virtual 45th Meeting of the Amereican Society of Biomechanics. Congratulations!
- Meredith, Frontal plane kinematics of the triple step in swing dancing (Poster presentation);
- Caroline, Effects of anteriorly loaded treadmill walking at self-selected speed on dynamic gait stability (Poster presentation);
- Rebekah, A meta-analysis of vibration training altering quality of life in older adults (Poster presentation);
- Wendy, Effects of anterior load carriage on dynamic stability during level walking (Poster presentation).
07/25-29/2021, lab members presented at the Digital XXVIII International Society of Biomechanics 2021 Congress. Well done!
- Meredith, Sagittal plane kinematics of partnered and individual triple steps in swing dancing (Poster presentation);
- Caroline, Dynamic gait stability during anteriorly loaded treadmill walking (Poster presentation);
- Wendy, Ground reaction forces during anteriorly-loaded overground walking (Poster presentation).
06/01/2021, Diané joined our group as a graduate research assistant. Welcome Diané! 05/21/2021, Rebekah is awarded the GSU Margaret A. Staton Scholarship for the Fall 2021- Spring 2022. This competitve $5,000 scholarship is awarded to students who demonstrate academic excellence, commitment to community and leadership, and receive services through the Access and Accommodations Center for documented disabilities. Felicitations! 04/22/2021, Becky passed her comprehensive examinations. Way to go Becky! 04/15/2021, Caroline passed her comprehensive examinations. Congratulations! 03/29/2021, Meredith is awarded the GSU Provost Dissertation Fellowship. This fellowship supports doctoral students from across the university as they complete their dissertations and is awarded to candidates with outstanding scholarly accomplishments. Meredith is completing her very unique dissertation project, titled "Biomechanical Analyses of Rhythm Movements in Ballroom Dancers." We are proud of you, Meredith! 03/27/2021, Zoi receives the GSU Brains & Behavior Summer Research Scholarship. Congratulations! 01/05/2021, the group welcomes new lab members: Wendy Ahn (doctoral student) and Zoi Suddreth and Ian Lenthart (undergraduate research assistants). Welcome aboard!
12/09/2020, Meredith received the GSU Dissertation Grant. This $2,000 grant will provide an important support to complete her dissertation work in a timely manner. What an accomplishment! 11/30/2020, Wendy defended her thesis and will move forward 100% with her PhD. Well done! 11/04/2020, Ern Lau joins our team as a graduate research assistant. She is a student in the Exercise Science MS program. Welcome Ern! 09/25/2020, Meredith defended her dissertation prospectus and advanced to her PhD candidacy. Congratulations! 08/04-07/2020, lab members presented at the Virtual 44th Meeting of the Amereican Society of Biomechanics. Congratulations!
- Meredith, A biomechanical analysis of the triple-step in recreational swing dancers (Podium presentation);
- Becky, Acute effect of an intervention to improve ankle dorsiflexion among individuals who display medial knee desplacement (Poster presentation);
- Meng-Wei, Effects of vibration training in reducing falls in people with multiple sclerosis (Poster presentation);
- Caroline, Dance interventions improving balance in Parkinson's disease: A systematic review with meta-analysis (Poster presentation);
- Wendy, Effects of sole thickness on recovery from an unexpected slip during standing (Poster presentation).
06/19/2020, Meredith is featured by the Research and Innovation magazine. Congratulations! 06/18/2020, Meng-Wei is featured by the Research and Innovation magazine. His study is also cited by Medicalxpress.com. Congratulations! 05/21/2020, Wendy successfully defended her thesis proposal. Congratulations! 04/10/2020, Kelsey receives the GSU Brains & Behavior Summer Research Scholarship. Congratulations!
12/10/2019, Jennifer earns her BS degree in Exercise Science. Congratulations! 09/28/2019, Rebekah received a travel award and presented her poster on the “Relative importance between vision and proprioception in maintaining standing balance in persons with Multiple Sclerosis” at the Georgia Occupational Therapy Association 2019 Annual Conference in Young Harris, GA. Congratulations! 09/20/2019, Meng-Wei presented his poster on the “Difference in dynamic gait stability between sides in people with Multiple Sclerosis” at the International Conference on Biomechanics and Medical Engineering in San Diego, CA. Congratulations! 08/30/2019, Meredith passed her comprehensive examinations. Congratulations! 08/25/2019, the group welcomes new members: Caroline (doctoral student), Wendy (MS student), and Phum and Kelsey (undergraduate research assistant). 08/03/2019, Meredith presented her poster titled “Quantification of vaulting in healthy adults walking with an immobilized knee” at the XXVII Congress of the International Society of Biomechanics/the 43rd Annual Meeting of the American Society of Biomechanics, Calgary, Albeta, Canada. Congratulations! 05/21/2019, Caroline is selected as the inaugural Brains & Behavior Research Fellow of the Kinesiology and Health department, sponsored by the GSU Neuroscience Institute. Congratulations! 05/07/2019, Caroline graduates with the MS degree in Exercise Science and is awarded the Outstanding Graduate Student in Exercise Science. Congratulations! 04/10/2019, Jennifer is selected to receive the GSU Brains & Behavior Summer Research Scholarship. Congratulations!